Lyophilized Injections are the best alternative to oral solid dosage forms. There have been many case studies where bed ridden patients have immensely benefitted from this type of injection. Lyophilized injections are also prescribed to attain maximum bioavailability and stability in patients suffering from a number of diseases.
A Brief about the Lyophilization Process:
Lyophilization is a water removal process through which perishable items are preserved. This process boosts the shelf life of the material and also makes them easier to transport by Injection Manufacturers in India.
Unique Characteristics of freeze-dried Products:
- The colour remains uniform throughout
- Has sufficient strength to last for a long time
- Freeze-dried products are sterile and free from pyrogen
- Free from particles
- Stable in dry and reconstitution stage
Did you know?
In lyophilization procedure, vacuum takes place at very low pressures so that the operation occurs below the triple point of water.
What are the different Stages in Developmental Procedure of Lyophilized Injections:
There are three stages involved in the production of Lyophilized Injections which all manufacturers and Contract Manufacturer for Injectable in India follow:
- Primary Drying
- Secondary Drying
What are the benefits of using Lyophilized Injections?
There are a number of benefits of using lyophilizedinjections made byLyophilized Injection Manufacturers in India… let’s have a look at them
- Beneficial for Unconscious Patients: Sinceunconscious patients are unable to swallow tablets and capsules, lyophilized injections are the most preferred and convenient option for such patients
- Useful in the case of Uncooperative Patients: It becomes extremely difficult for both doctors and nurses to deal with difficult and troublesome patients. Patients who just refuse to cooperate with them. Lyophilized injections are also given to patients who don’t respond well to prescribed medications.
- Bioavailability is 100%: In pharmacology terms, bioavailability refers to the degree and rate at which an administered drug is absorbed by the body’s circulatory system, in fact the systematic circulation. Lyophilized injections get easily absorbed in the patient’s system and hence their body gets equipped to quickly respond to the given dosage.
- First Pass Effect is Avoided: It is the phenomenon of drug metabolism where the concentration of a particular drug considerably reduces before it reaches the patient’s circulatory system. With lyophilized Injections, the first pass effect can be comfortably avoided.